Moultrie Game Spy I40 Digital Trail Camera MFH DGS I40 Review:
The Moultrie Game Spy I40 is the little brother to the I60. The major differences between the two are as follows:
Other than these minor differences, the Moultrie Game Spy I40 performs nearly identical to the I60. We've rated the I60 very highly and one can expect the same top notch durability, performance and quality out of the I40. Rather than rehashing all of the features and details for such similar trail cameras, please refer to the Moultrie Game Spy I60 review for more details.
- The I40 is 4 Mega pixels (the I60 is 6 Mega pixles)
- The I40 does not have the LCD screen for picture viewing
- The I40 does not display the pressure/pressure trend on the info strip
- The I40 does not come with the remote/locator (from our perspective, no big loss)
- The I40 comes in at approximately $100 less than the I60.
Differences in performance and value scores between the I60 and I40 are directly related to inclusion/exclusion of several features (most notably the diference between 6 MP & 4 MP images) and the difference in price (approx $100 difference). In terms of trigger speed, PIR sensitivity, etc., you can expect the cameras to function nearly identically.
Update: Feb 5, 2009: Our Game Spy I60 camera failed (see that review). As a result, we question the durability and construction of the enclosure and its ability to withstand normal weather conditions. Therefore, we reduced the durability ratings for their Game Spy series.
Reviewer: - Nick Schwarz
Review Date: - 7/28/2008